This is how I made Crona’s cuffs
When I was doing research I read many tutorials with a variety of approaches. I did kind of a hybrid that seemed to work well for me and it wasn’t too difficult.
- First I measured how large I wanted to be.
- I cut two identical rectangles out of card stock
- I got white fabric from Jo-Ann’s. I got about 1/2 yard and had some left over
- I measured the fabric so it fit snug around the cardboard like a book cover or a pillow case.
- I laid out the fabric flat and drew four lines in pencil. They need to line up when folded so there are two lines on each side.
- There are a few different ways to make the lines darker. I decided to hand sew over them with embroidery floss. It looks good but it does take work so a sharpie could be used as a shortcut.
- I used my sewing machine to sew up three sides. They should be inside out so the seams are on the inside.
- I turned the sleeves right side out and inserted the card stock slips.
- I sealed the last opening.
- I decided which side would be the “front” of each and sewed on the black buttons.
- I’m using velcro to hold the cuffs shut
- Now all I have to do is attach them to the sleeves of my dress
The reason I chose this approach is because the card stock provides the appropriate stiffness while the cover gives it a nice aesthetic. I recently posted a Ragnarok tutorial as well.